Re: Mac & Octave

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: Mac & Octave
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:46:27 -0700

The approach below is one avenue. I'm using a Mac that came originally with
OS 7.5 (one of the buggiest, ever, by the way). Over the eight years I have
upgraded the Mac, and currently run OS X 10.2.8 (and octave). My OS X
installer came via a Sonnet upgrade to a G4 cpu. You can Google Sonnet if
you're interested. If you are going to install a UNIX-like OS, you probably
also need more memory and a larger hard disk. If you're not interested in
doing several simultaneous upgrades, I'd recommend the used machine approach
suggested below. If nothing else, the used machine would be easier to
upgrade.

Joe Koski