Re: problems on suse 9.0

From: emilio
Subject: Re: problems on suse 9.0
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:39:19 +0100

hi again

yes, when i execute sbin/ldconfig i do it as root, and the message is "command
not found". i've made a search for this command by using both, kfind and
"find". on the other hand i've made a search in suse of a newer version of
octave but i wasnt successfull. and as you mention, i tried to recompile
octave but when i read the "readme file" i understood it is too hard to me in
this moment.
i've tried again to execute ldconfig, but this is what i got (i copypaste the
script)

orion:/ # ..
orion:/ # cd usr/sbin/
orion:/usr/sbin # ldconfig
bash: ldconfig: command not found
orion:/usr/sbin # ..
orion:/usr # ..
orion:/ # cd sbin/
orion:/sbin # lconfig
bash: lconfig: command not found

anyway, i will try again to find a newer version of octave for suse.

thanks again for your help

         emilio