Re: Texi problem on Solaris (Was: Re: octave forge)

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Texi problem on Solaris (Was: Re: octave forge)
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 09:27:56 -0700

David Bateman wrote:
What a pain. So we have to add a check for the version of Perl to
configure.base...... How to do that cleanly!!! Perhaps I would
like to see the two version of comms.texi generated to see if
I can use autoconf to test for a working perl rather than select
by version numbers....

The diff between the bad and the good is
http://coffee.phys.unm.edu/dima/octave/diff.texi.bz2

The bad file was generated by perl 5.6.0. I do not have this version
installed any more (I replaced it with 5.8.3), but there is still
5.0.0 version which comes with Solaris.

Few first pages are identical (through line 2250 or so), the last pages
also look OK, but the middle gets some extra stuff in it.

D.

Regards,

Dmitri.