Texi problem on Solaris (Was: Re: octave forge)

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Texi problem on Solaris (Was: Re: octave forge)
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 14:08:21 -0700

I managed to reproduce and figure out the problem that Robert had
with building docs in octave-forge/main/comm.

The problem seems to be related to mktexi and using old version of perl.
E.g. with perl 5.6.0 which I had it builds wrong version of comms.texi.
(I kept the diff between the right and the wrong version, for those
who care.) That in turn messes up makeinfo.

Upgrading to perl 5.8.3 solves the problem: comms.texi files built on Sun or
on Linux are identical.

Sincerely,

Dmitri.