Re: max conversion

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: max conversion
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 00:06:34 -0500

On Mar 4, 2004, at 11:04 PM, Joe Koski wrote:

I'm converting another Matlab script. It has the statement

      f = max(connexe,[],1);

Where, for the example problem, connexe is a 125 x 2000 matrix.

Questions:
What should f be, a 125 x 1 column vector with the maximum values from each
row of connexe?

What is the equivalent octave expression? (Again, as an old Fortran
programmer, I'd write myself a loop, but is there a more elegant solution?)

f = max(connexe);

To get the maximum of each row in matlab, you would use
f = max(connexe,[],2).  Until octave's max is extended to
handle Nd arrays, use f=max(connexe.') for this.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden