Re: unwanted multiple plots

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: unwanted multiple plots
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:09:54 -0600

Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

In my opinion use of 'gset' functions should be discouraged.

I agree. I do occasionally use gset for low level stuff like putting arrows on the plot and things like that. There are some occasions where I also use a 'gset nokey' to turn off the key that is enabled by default. It occurs to me that in the competing product, you don't get a key unless you ask for one. If we wanted true compatibility, maybe the plot function should be modified to turn the key off until the user turns it on with the legend command from octave-forge. The presence of the key is especially a nuisance when plotting a very large number of lines: the key can cover most of the plot.

Quentin