Re: unwanted multiple plots

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: unwanted multiple plots
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 14:08:51 -0700

Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

stem(time,y)

You should have some plot commands, shouldn't you?

My bad, I spoke too soon. I did not realize that stem.m has some plots in it.
The problem is that it has plot() in the form:
plot(x,y,"-",x,z,"o") (Styles are different, but that beyond the point),
which translates into two different plot commands for gnuplot.
Since you already defined the hardcopy terminal as output it prints
two pages. The workaround is to set output to /dev/null first,
and at the end do
gset "out.ps"
replot

I am not sure weather it can be considered as a bug in plot()
or just as a feature.

Sincerely,

Dmitri.