Re: flops

From: Jonathan C. Webster
Subject: Re: flops
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 15:13:17 -0500

Would the CPU time do? You can get that.
Jonathan

José Colmenares wrote:
Hi everyone:

I'm aware that the newest versions of matlab don't use flops() anymore. The reason why i'm looking for a similar function in octave is basically this: I'm a geophysics engineer currently working towards a master's degree in applied math in Venezuela. A friend of mine told me about octave, so I installed a few weeks ago and so far I find it great. But I must do certain assigments in wich an aproximation of the floating points operations done is requiered. I do not want to use matlab, for I don't see any reason to do so... but it seems like i'd have to switch to windows after i finish everything and run the asigment on an old version of matlab to obtain the flops. is there anything i can use in octave ?

Thanks for your quick response on my last mail.

Jose Colmenares.