Re: unwanted multiple plots

From: Hugo Coolens
Subject: Re: unwanted multiple plots
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 20:15:00 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

> Hugo Coolens wrote:
> > I'm using octave-2.1.55 under Debian/Woody
> > When I do the following:
> > gset term postscript
> > gset output "my_file.ps"
> > run_my_octave_script_which_plots_one_plot
> >
> > I get a postscript-file which has 4 pages in it, 3 of them have the wanted
> > plot on them, the first page has a plot which is missing some things.
> > How can I reduce this to 1 page with 1 plot?
>
> You did not give us enough information, but I suspect that the problem you
> are having is due to the changed default setting of automatic_replot
> variable.
> To reverse to the older behavior put "automatic_replot=0"
> into your .octaverc.
I did this and the number of pages is now reduced to 2, the first page
contains an incomplete plot, the second one has the correct plot

here is the code which is executed after the following two commands:
gset term postscript
gset output "out.ps"

a=[1];
b=[1 1];
fs=1000;
time=0:1/fs:40e-3;
x=sin(2*pi*200*time);
y=filter(b,a,x);
stem(time,y)

I have attached the postscript-file: out.ps