Re: octave & hpc

From: Gaurav Khanna
Subject: Re: octave & hpc
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:08:50 -0600

Hi

Depending on what your needs are, choose a binary. If you
want the octave-forge extensions, yes please get the 3rd one.
These will not interfere with your older fink version, because mine
always go into /usr/local as opposed to /sw.

Lastly, if you don't usually run gnuplot  from within octave, you can
ignore that comment about X11. I suspect that is indeed the case,
from your message.

As a warning, the forge-binary was compiled on Panther. I expect
that you would have problems with Jaguar. If people would like to
have a separate Jaguar binary drop me a note, I'll try to make one
available (assuming it builds on Jaguar).

Gaurav