Re: octave forge

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: octave forge
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:28:13 +0100

According to Robert Leach <address@hidden> (on 03/03/04):
> >1) Which version of makeinfo do you have install
>
> plague: /usr/local/octave-forge>makeinfo --version
> makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 4.6

> There is NO warranty.  You may redistribute this software
> under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
> For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING.
> plague: /usr/local/octave-forge>

Ok, I have teh same version, so it probably isn't this.

> >2) Which version of mktexi? Is it corruptted? Check against the CVS
>
> plague: /usr/local/octave-forge>mktexi --version
> mktexi: Command not found.
> plague: /usr/local/octave-forge>
>
> No idea...

it is in octave-forge/admin normally. Check the file octave-forge/Makeconf
which should define its location

> >3) The errors above are all at the end of the file comms.texi where the
> >   automatic building of the function referencing is taking place.
> >This is
> >   generated using the file INDEX and the texinfo help in all of the
> >   functions. If any of the functions in the file INDEX, has an error
> >in
> >   their texinfo help, then the above might result. Are all of the
> >files
> >   *.m and *.cc the same as in the CVS?
>
> I'm not sure where you want me to look.  Are you referring to a
> directory in the octave-forge directory?  I couldn't find a CVS
> directory anywhere:

Ok, you have a tar-ball of octave-forge. So unless it has been corruptted
somewhere I doubt it is this...

Now another possiblity

>>>Making texinfo comms.texi
>>>Making info comms.info
>>>comms.texi:12375: @item not meaningful inside address@hidden' block.
>>>comms.texi:12378: @item not meaningful inside address@hidden' block.

The line numbers 12375, etc are very dubious.... When I do a make the file
main/coms/doc/comms.texi is generated from main/comms/doc/comms.txi and has
the following properties

% wc comms.txi comms.texi
   2252   12364   76149 comms.txi
   4846   26345  171118 comms.texi
   7098   38709  247267 total

So comms.texi has only 4846 lines. Where your more than 12k lines are coming
from I don't know. Can you run the above command on these files?

Can you also then remove the comms.texi file and rebuild.. Perhaps there is
a corrupt version of this file and it has a date later than comms.txi and
so isn't being rebuilt...

D.

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary