Re: octave forge

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: octave forge
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 20:58:57 -0500

On Mar 1, 2004, at 6:00 PM, Robert Leach wrote:

To refresh, this is a solaris 5.7 OS on a sun clone and the only reason I want octave-forge is so I can use the .mex files that came with WaveLab802.

You don't need to compile all of octave-forge to compile mex.

        cd octave-forge
        rm Makeconf  # clear out octave-forge configure results
        cd extra/mex
        HAVE_OCTAVE_MAP_INDEX=-DHAVE_OCTAVE_MAP_INDEX make

This will leave mex.o, mex.h and matrix.h in place.  You can
move mex or symlink mex into your PATH, but if you move
the others you will have to update mex so it can find them.

I don't know that this will work though since it sounds
like oct-file loading is broken for your system.  Can you
do "mkoctfile hello.cc" in the octave examples directory
and run it from octave?

Hope that helps,

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden