texread.m

From: bertrand roessli
Subject: texread.m
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:47:14 -0500

Hello,

I tried to use the 'textread.m' function which I downloaded
from 'http://octave.sourceforge.net/index/index.html'.

When I run the example I get the following error message:

[Lname, x] = textread('info.txt','%s %*s %e age=%*d')
error: operator =: no conversion for assignment of `list' to indexed
`<unknown type>'
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 48, column 25
error: evaluating for command near line 191, column 5
error: evaluating if command near line 183, column 3
error: called from `textread' in file `/home/roessli/octave/cecu2/textread.m'

Any idea is appreciated.

B. Roessli

--

Dr. Bertrand Roessli