imwrite

From: Travis Turner
Subject: imwrite
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:53:31 -0500

Hi.  I wrote a pretty simple program in Matlab that creates gradient fields
of specified contrast and spatial frequency, then writes the matrix out as
an image (in bitmap format).  I would like to give this program to a
colleague who doesn't own a Matlab license so that she can create some
images for her research.  When I tried to run the program on Octave, I
couldn't get the imwrite.m function to work.  I kept getting the "error
defining new function... (line 320)" return.  My program is
octave-compatible until this step.  I spent a pretty good amount of time
playing with the syntax, but nothing seemed to help.  Any ideas?  Example
syntax?

Many thanks,

---Travis Turner