Re: saving a plot

From: Mike
Subject: Re: saving a plot
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 17:39:28 +0300

Mike wrote:

Heber Farnsworth wrote:

Just plot to a file. For instance, if you like the look of the plot you have and want to save it then type

gset terminal png
gset output "myplot.png"
replot

Then if you want to do more plotting to the screen you need to set those values back to their defaults.

Heber Farnsworth
How will I save it and retrieve it at a later time?

  For example, I open octave from a terminal and then
  x=0:.02:2;
  y=x.^2;
  plot(x,y)      and a new window with the curve appears.
Then I bring infront the terminal window and continue typing
  gset term postscript
  gset  output "fig1.ps"
  So, how will I retrieve it if I close and reopen octave?
  At the moment I do not waqnt to make any changes on the plot.
  (Step-by-step please).
  I use rh9
   Thanks.