Re: loooooong vector difficulties

From: Robert Leach
Subject: Re: loooooong vector difficulties
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:42:11 -0600

OK yeah, so what I want to do is this:

%get the signal (vector of zeroes and ones)
signal = load('./signal.txt')   %file of space delimited zeroes and ones

%normalize signal
nsignal = signal - .5

%create the wavelet
[lowpass,highpass,ilowpass,ihighpass] = daub(20)

%Adjust the size of the convolution kernals
alowpass = zeros(1,size(1,nsignal))
ahighpass = zeros (1,size(1,nsignal))

for i=1:10
  alowpass(i) = lowpass(i)
  ahighpass(i) = highpass(i)
end

startindex = size(1,nsignal) - 10

for i=startindex:size(1,nsignal)
  alowpass(i) = lowpass(i)
  ahighpass(i) = highpass(i)
end

%Determine the maximum number of scales
scales = log(size(1,nsignal)) / log(2) %Note: my signal is of length 2^x

%Perform the wavelet transform
coefs = wt(nsignal,alowpass,ahighpass,scales)

This is as far as I've gotten, but it keeps crashing because of the size of the signal So, do you think that I can split the signal up without any loss? I'm mostly interested in the low frequency patterns and my gut feeling is that if I split it up, I'll miss it. Also, this is the first time I've done a wavelet analysis, so if you notice any mistakes, let me know.

Thanks,
Rob