Feedback function and unity feedback..

From: Juan Ignacio Del Valle Gamboa
Subject: Feedback function and unity feedback..
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:49:16 +0200

Hi there,

I need to do some simple frequency response analysis, however the feedback
function included in the octave-forge repository seems to have trouble when
there is no function in the feedbak path (a simple unity feedback). Here's
an example to clarify my point and the output from octave..

octave:1> test_system = tf2sys([1 2], [3 4]);
octave:2> unity_system = tf2sys([1],[1]);
octave:3> closed_loop = feedback(test_system, unity_system)
error: number of columns must match (1 != 2)
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 97, column 7
error: evaluating if command near line 71, column 3
error: called from ysgroup' in file
/usr/share/octave/2.1.50/m/control/system/sysgroup.m'
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 26, column 5
error: called from eedback' in file
/usr/share/octave/2.1.50/site/m/octave-forge/control/feedback.m'
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 3, column 13
octave:3> version
ans = 2.1.50

The problem seems to be in the call to the "sysgroup" function made by
"feedback.m". However, I've been trying to work around this, but no results
yet.

I'm running Octave 2.1.50, using the octave-forge version from 2003-06-02,
on Debian Woody (with some unstable packages).

Can anyone point me if this has already been reported and/or solved?
Browsing the CVS repository in sourceforge, it looks like the feedback
function hasn't been touched in 16 months.. I'd be glad to help solve this
(if it's really the function, not me, who has a bug..)

Or maybe the "unity" transfer function that I need to use, has to be
expressed in a little different way to trick the sysgroup function..

Thanks.

--
Juan Ignacio Del Valle Gamboa