Re: linewidth in Gnu Octave

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: linewidth in Gnu Octave
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:23:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Herb Singleton wrote:
> A few years ago, you mentioned that you might try to patch Octave to
> allow setting linewidths in plots.
>
> Any chance you actually came up with something?

To control linewidth, I use the following:

octave:1> plot(rand(1,6))
octave:2> graw('rep "" notitle with lines lt 1 lw 4 \n')

This will use linetype 1 and linewidth 4

The other way is to define a linestyle

octave:1> gset style line 1 lt 2 lw 3 pt 3 ps 1
octave:2> plot(rand(1,6))
octave:3> graw('rep "" notitle with lines ls 1 \n')

Andy

PS. Code tested with Gnuplot 3.8.0i.