Re: Octave package for Cygwin

From: Julius Smith
Subject: Re: Octave package for Cygwin
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 10:11:54 -0700

I installed the Octave-enhanced Cygwin package on my Windows ME notebook, and while it seems to work, I have to periodically work through a number of alerts of the following type:

Octave-2 has caused an error in DISPATCH.OCT.
Octave-2 will now close.

However, it does not close, and it seems to work properly.

I get similar alerts for the following modules:
FFT.OCT
IFFT.OCT
FILTER.OCT
LU.OCT
INV.OCT
DET.OCT

All of the above alerts were triggered when I typed (as my first command) 'plot(1:9)'. Subsequent tests of FFT and IFFT indicate that they seem to be working fine, so the alerts don't appear to indicate any real problem.

Below is my "system information":

Platform: Windows ME
Machine Type: Intel
System Version: 4.90.3000