Re: Octave package for Cygwin

From: Agustin Barto
Subject: Re: Octave package for Cygwin
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 22:12:23 -0300

It's possible to look for the cygwin root on the Windows registry
(actually, that's what I use to detect cygwin). Once you have the root,
It's possible to check for certain files within the directory to see if
there's really a cygwin installation there.

NSIS is really flexible, and certainly is up to the task, but I think
it's unnecesary. If the user works within cygwin, then it should use a
cygwin package.

I was thinking on including the link to the "official" cygwin packages
within the cygwin detection code of my distro. I hope this helps.

Agustin