Re: Octave package for Cygwin

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave package for Cygwin
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 17:19:45 -0500

On  3-Jun-2003, Paul Kienzle <address@hidden> wrote:

| It should be possible to set up an NSIS install that
| detects the existing cygwin and uses that if desired.
| That way the same package covers all users.

That would be great, but I don't know how to do it.  For now, I intend
to build Cygwin packages of the things I need.  Perhaps the packages
I'm building could be installed by the NSIS installer if Cygwin is
already present, and if not, then the NSIS installer could install the
bits of Cygwin that are necessary first.

jwe