Octave-2.1.49 install woes

From: Manojit Roy
Subject: Octave-2.1.49 install woes
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:11:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I am trying to configure Octave-2.1.49 with '--enable-shared' option.
Compilation and installation are finishing without a hitch, but while
attempting to launch, it exits with error

"octave: error while loading shared libraries: liboctinterp.so: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory".

I could see this file in '/usr/local/lib/octave-2.1.49/', linked to
'liboctinterp.so.2.1.49'. Can someone please point out what is going
wrong? I should also mention that the default configuration (without
'enable-shared') works absolutely fine without any problem whatsoever.

Thanks,
Manojit