Re: Puncher soft limiter !!!

From: Lorenzo Fiorentini
Subject: Re: Puncher soft limiter !!!
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 13:24:48 +0200

If you first check the argument passed, you will find theta the pbm is not in your function, but in the way Octave (and matlab) computes the last element of your [a:step:b] argument to the function.

Not always the last element of your vector [a:(b-a)/n:b] is b. Sometimes it is b-(b-a)/n, because of rounding done n times when adding (b-a)/n. NB. If the step is not a power of two [2^(-k)], there must be some rounding on a binary machine.

Try adding eps or 2*eps or step/10 to b, or use a different sintax like (a+[0:n]*(b-a)/n).

I am (pretty ;) sure it will work.

Lorenzo