Re: Octave package for Cygwin

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Octave package for Cygwin
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 19:48:35 -0400

David Doolin wrote:

Finally, I think packages like the one Agustin Barto has been working
on are useful and some people may prefer them over the Cygwin
packages.  OTOH, if you have a fast connection to the net and want to
install Cygwin anyway, you might find the Cygwin package system to be
more convenient as it will allow you to install and upgrade Octave
within an existing Cygwin installation.

This really would be convenient for cygwin users with fast connections. Since many windows users I know will not use cygwin, Agustin's work will also be useful, especially
if it can install from a cd image.

It should be possible to set up an NSIS install that
detects the existing cygwin and uses that if desired.
That way the same package covers all users.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden