Unidentified subject!

From: H.S.A. Douwes
Subject: Unidentified subject!
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 08:30:55 -0500

Dear Sir, Madam,

I recently started to use Octave 2.1.42 on my PC (Windows) to interpret the
results of my chemical experiments by solving the appropriate differential
equations.

I am a novice at programming and I would like to save the command lines
that proved successful and reload them at later sessions. The route via
'diary' did not work. I would also like to be able to edit the saved file.

I am sorry that I could not find the solution for my problem in the Manual.

I hope you can help me.

Yours sincerely,

H.Douwes