Re: Mac OS X build

From: John B. Thoo
Subject: Re: Mac OS X build
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 23:23:11 -0700

Hi. I can't offer any help because I'm quite new to Octave and Fink, but I can say that I have Octave installed via Fink on my TiBook with Mac OS X 10.2.6 and it seems to work OK. In fact, I just updated Octave to version 2.1.46 (with Fink: "fink update-all") over the weekend. I did not get individual libraries the first time I installed Octave; all I did was "fink install octave" and let Fink fill in all the dependencies. Maybe I was just lucky. Perhaps a more experienced Octave/Mac OS X user can step in here.

---John.