Re: About the "new" tutorial

From: abarto
Subject: Re: About the "new" tutorial
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 00:07:40 -0300

On 2 Jun 2003 at 22:44, Paul Kienzle wrote:

> I presume you are aware of the tricks required to convert
> stdc++.a into a DLL.  I posted it to the developers list a
> while back.

Is this needed? I tried the package on a couple of computers and it
worked ok. I'll check the list anyway.

> I don't remember if your distribution includes octave-forge.
> If so, I want to make sure that the octave-forge functions
> are clearly separate from the built-in functions as per John's
> request.

Yes. The package includes octave-forge. I'm trying to convince the
teachers to switch to vanilla Octave, but they refuse to lear a whole
new language again (Really lazy people). How can I separate the
functions?

> I can add you to the octave-forge project and we can host
> everything there if you are interested.

I don't know If this is really necessary. I'm not an octave-forge user
nor developer. The only thing I did was packaging other people's
work in a convenient manner. Of course, I'll be happy to share
everything I did and learned, anyway.