Re: Save-load problem

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: Save-load problem
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:55:54 -0400 (EDT)

   > Add default_save_format="ascii"; to ~/.octaverc

   Sorry, I think I don't made myself clear in that. What I was trying to
   say I don't know how to force Octave to write the complete array of
   numbers instead of the range type:

The problem was caused by conversion of binary numbers to ascii, and the
resulting
loss of precision. It is a buglet in octave---in principle, the ascii numbers
should
correspond exactly to the binary representation, but they don't. Saving in
binary
works around the problem; forcing octave to write out the sequence is an
inferior
solution.

Having said that, it is possible, and it does the job: the trick is to
persuade octave that we have modified the sequence:

a=0:pi/16:8*pi;
a(1)=a(1)            <- the trick
save x.mat
clear