Installation 2nd enquiry

From: MNJP Vella
Subject: Installation 2nd enquiry
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 02:45:40 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.....

I've installed octave (ver 2.0.14 sol) in
/usr/local/octave

When I ran through the configure script everything was
ok, the make also seemed to go fine. When I checked
there is an octave executable in the /usr/local/bin
which as far as I know is supposed to happen. In
/usr/local/bin when I type octave (this is in my path
already) I get octave: not found, when I type ./octave
I also get octave: not found, this is in sh........ so
I am not sure what I've done wrong. also ls -l in
/usr/local/bin looks like:

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         13 Apr 22 07:05
octave -> octave-2.0.14

there is a softlink pointing to octave-2.0.14.

Not really sure what is going on..... anybody who
might know appreciate some hints.

Thanks

Jason

Yahoo! Plus