Re: how to make Octave find ATLAS BLAS?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: how to make Octave find ATLAS BLAS?
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 12:19:36 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> These are all _static_ libraries. You will need to get, or build,
> dynamic libraries.  Can't help with Solaris specifics, sorry.

OK.  Thanks anyway.  For my next step, I went to the ATLAS FAQ where I
found this:

http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/faq.html#so

 Q. How can I get dynamic (.so) libraries rather than ATLAS's default
    static libraries (.a)?
 A. We have several users who have built ATLAS into .so, so it can be
    done.  However, we presently don't support it.

Oh.  Well, I guess this means I can't get .so files because I'm not all
that sophisticated when it comes to these things! ;-)

So, if anybody has .so files that might work on this sort of machine...

SunOS 5.8 Generic_108528-17 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire

...let me know.

Thanks again.

Mike