Re: failures of "make check"

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: failures of "make check"
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 10:03:39 -0500

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 02:11:39AM -0500, Mike Miller wrote:
> # of expected passes            1531
> # of unexpected failures        5
> ../src/octave version 2.1.46 (sparc-sun-solaris2.8).
>
> These were the listed failures:
>
> FAIL: octave.test/eval-catch/eval-catch-9.m
> FAIL: octave.test/eval-catch/eval-catch-10.m
> FAIL: octave.test/linalg/lu-6.m
> FAIL: octave.test/try/try-9.m
> FAIL: octave.test/try/try-10.m
>
> Should I be concerned about any of these failures?

AFAIK four of these are "normal"; I don't see the lu-6 one, though.

Dirk

--
Don't drink and derive. Alcohol and algebra don't mix.

ib' to specify a particular BLAS library
>           `-llib' that configure doesn't check for automatically.
>
> but what is 'lib'?  Should that be the directory containing the atlas
> libraries?  If so, I tried that and configure still finished with a blank
> line after "BLAS libraries:".  I guess I'm just not quite getting it and I
> need a tip.

I use this for the Debian packages:

# default to blas, atlas can overload where available (see README.Debian)
atlas           = --with-blas=/usr/lib/libblas2.so \
                  --with-lapack=/usr/lib/liblapack2.so
[...]
        ./configure             \
[...]
                  $(atlas)      \
[...]

So you could try to point to them directly. Also, you can "extract" the
relevant code from the configure script and try it directly in a smaller
shell script if you want to accelerate the trial and error process.

Dirk

--
Don't drink and derive. Alcohol and algebra don't mix.