Re: How to call Maxima functions from Octave

From: James Amundson
Subject: Re: How to call Maxima functions from Octave
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 16:26:59 -0500

Thanks for pointing me to this page. I had not seen it. Unfortunately,
it looks this particular interface is not much more functional than
running maxima in one window and octave in another, using copy and paste
to communicate between them. I'm curious: does anyone find the
functionality described on the web page below compelling? If that sounds
like a sarcastic question, it wasn't meant to be. I am interested to
know what kind of maxima-octave interface is interesting to people.

The real challenge lies in getting octave and maxima to be able to
exchange expressions and data, not just text.

Thanks again,
Jim