Re: gdb octave

From: Albert F. Niessner
Subject: Re: gdb octave
Date: 10 Apr 2003 12:56:26 -0700

Sure can. I have used gdb extensively. It is a bit tricky to get warmed
up though. First, make sure octave was compiled with the -g switch. Then
you have to load the DLD_FUN you want to debug. I normally use an input
variable that trips no action but a return in there for this. There is
probably a better way to load the function, but I do not know it. Once
loaded, you can set you breakpoints in DLD_FUN as you normally would.
Also make sure that the DLD_FUN was compiled with a -g -O0. Otherwise
the debugger has a hard time knowing where it really is.

On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 12:11, Nhi.Anh Chu wrote:
> HI Everybody:
>
> I got this "HeisenBUG" that so far has deftly escaped my primitive debugging
> process ("printf"). Seems like some sort of memory allocation problem of
> some sort.
>
> Am wondering is a debugger (esp. gdb) could be used in conjunction with
> octave in debugging.
> My routine is a DLD_FUN.
>
> Thanks for octave!
>
> Nhi.Anh Chu