Re: compilation (linking) 2.1.45 problem

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: compilation (linking) 2.1.45 problem
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:27:26 -0600

> just to say that, if I do a plain './configure' instead of
> './configure --enable-dl --enable-shared --enable-lite-kernel',
> compilation goes fine.
>
>   Any ideas?
>
>   Does anyone know which of the --enable-dl, --enable-shared  and
> --enable-lite-kernel are necessary to make octave-forge happy?

Look at the debian/rules in the diff.gz to the Debian packages, e.g.
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/octave2.1/octave2.1_2.1.45-1.diff.gz
which does    --enable-shared --disable-static
IIRC the other two are now implied by --enable-shared.

Given an entry for source packages in /etc/apt/sources.list, say
  $ apt-get -b source octave2.1
and the package would get built on your system.  Easy, isn't it?

NB octave-forge_2003-02-22 packages have been available for a few days too.

Dirk

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all signatures are totally worthless.