Re: Derivative function

From: Etienne Grossmann
Subject: Re: Derivative function
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:28:18 +0000

  Hello,

for numerical differentiation, there are the following functions in
octave-forge :

  deriv (f,x0[,h,O,N])

  ## 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th order derivative of a function, computed
  ## using 2nd or 4th order method.

  bs_gradient (f, args, narg)

  ## 1st Derivative of f wrt the narg'th argument.

  cdiff (f, ...)

  ## Return code that defines a function that computes the 1st
  ## derivative of f.

  Hth,

  Etienne