RE: Octave problem

From: Andy Adler
Subject: RE: Octave problem
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 23:18:23 -0500 (EST)

Miguel,

It looks like your cygwin mounts are mixed up.
You can use "mount" to view your settings.

They should look something like:
$ mount
C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type user (binmode,noumount)

To fix the mounts, use regedit to modify this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2

Also, you can get an octave version that doesn't
mess with cygwin settings from here
http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~adler/octave

I'm copying this to the mailing list, in case others
are interested

Andy