Re: gcc | Octave 2.1.4x | saga continues

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: gcc | Octave 2.1.4x | saga continues
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 10:38:45 -0600

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 10:40:21AM -0500, Evan Cooch wrote:
> Whatever. As if I/we'd expect objectivity from someone who is emailing from
> 'debian.org'.

We're not a commercial entity, we have nothing to sell you. Almost all us do
this in our spare time. I'm really not sure what your problem is.

I was simply trying to help you from wasting hours fighting known little
issues with your system of choice. But you are of course free in how you
spend your own time.

But I would rather not let you distort the public image of Debian through
this guilt-by-association game of citing shortcomings in other distros, and
then throwing Debian in for good measure. That is misleading, and you have
not backed anything with facts. If you have examples which actually support
your claims, feel free to send them to me, preferably off the list.

Dirk

--
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future.
                                             -- Niels Bohr