one step forward, one step... ?

From: Evan Cooch
Subject: one step forward, one step... ?
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 19:15:39 -0500

Further to a recent post concerning a problem I'm having installing 2.1.4x - I upgraded gcc to 3.2.1, and since g77 is now part of that build, I figure all should be well.

However, when I run make, I get a new, different error message:

making gendoc.cc
gendoc.cc is unchanged
./gendoc > DOCSTRINGS-t
./gendoc: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

Suggestions?