Re: 3d plotting, griddata and deluanayn

From: Etienne Grossmann
Subject: Re: 3d plotting, griddata and deluanayn
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:05:40 +0000

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 10:46:18PM +0100, Andrass Ziska Davidsen wrote:
# I have some points given by x, y and z coordinates (roughly 13000 points),
# originating from some measured lines. The points are not measured on a
# regular grid, which complicates plotting.

  Is there a 'natural' grid structure? I.e. are the 13000 points
arranged as a matrix, say 130x100, corresponding to a parameterized
surface? In that case, you could use the octave-forge function
vmesh().

  I just improved the speed of this function (on octave-forge
CVS). Viewing a 100x100 surface takes ~10 secs on a PII/350MHZ.

  Hth,

  Etienne

# However, I have found a function called griddata, which seems to do what I
# want, but it in turn uses the function delaunayn, which I do not have. I have
# managed to find a cc file on the repoitory, bit I do not know how to compile
# it.
#
# Could someone please shed some light on this matter.
#
# regards
# andrass
# --