Re: Excel spreadsheet matrix into Octave using clipboard?

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Excel spreadsheet matrix into Octave using clipboard?
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 18:39:07 -0800

I may lack certain basics. When in Excel, I don't see a menu option called
"export". And where would I export to? I don't know what a CSV file is. I
did cut and paste the Excel 3x3 matrix into TextEdit but as noted before it
eliminates the white spaces and the linebrakes I see in the clipboard. If I
add the white spaces and the line brakes in TextEdit, then I can paste it
into Octave using "clip =[", then paste, then "]":
octave:23> clip = [0.00000 0.00000 1.37374
> 0.92612 0.90232 0.0000
> 0.00000 0.023800 0.92600]
clip =
  0.00000  0.00000  1.37374