Re: Compiling Dynamically Linked Function failes with GCC 3.2

From: Albert F. Niessner
Subject: Re: Compiling Dynamically Linked Function failes with GCC 3.2
Date: 17 Dec 2002 13:09:05 -0500

Your install did not happen 100% correctly. According to your output the
problem starts with:

/usr/local/include/octave-2.1.40/octave/oct.h:31:27: octave/config.h: No
such file or directory

It should be '/usr/local/include/octave-2.1.40/octave/config.h'.

First, check to make sure it is not there and not just unreadable -- may
require root privileges. If it is not there, then try doing the install
again (make install) from where octave was built. If it still is not
there, then check the output from the install to see why.

All the other errors are potentially caused from the missing config.h or
from the same problem that caused config.h not to install -- like out of
disk space on /usr/local.

Al Niessner