Re: inquiry

From: A S Hodel
Subject: Re: inquiry
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:22:30 -0600

The m-files are included with the octave distribution. I've not answered your last couple of questions because I don't know what you mean by evaluation of control time delays. Do you want a frequency response? If so, then (for the open-loop case) I'd do something like
[magdB, phaseDeg, omegaRads] = bode(sys);
phaseDeg = phaseDeg -omegaRads*Tdelay*180/pi;

% magnitude plot unchanged
semilogx(omegaRads,phaseDeg); % phase plot

If you want to simulate the delay (step response, impulse response), then you're looking at a different situation.

In both of these situations it's not clear to me how to modify the OCST code in a way that would be useful to the general public. Perhaps one of our "sister" packages out there may be of help (SciLab, etc.)

On Monday, December 9, 2002, at 08:09 PM, Terence Tumolva wrote:

| good day!
|
| i just want to ask you guys out there if anyone knows
| how i can modify the ocst system program. i was just
| wondering if it's possible since the program isn't
| built to evaluate control time delays. at first i
| thought of simply defining a function g(s) and using
| only the function exp(-s), but i don't have the
| slightest idea of
| how to integrate this with the ocst. please help.

Terence P. Tumolva
BS Chemical Eningeering
University of the Philippines
Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines
(632) 434 6344
0918 654 3164

<image.tiff>
Do you Yahoo!?
A. S. Hodel, Assoc. Prof, Dept. Elect & Comp Eng, Auburn University, AL 36849-5201
(334) 844-1854 200 Broun Hall address@hidden http://ww.eng.auburn.edu/~scotte