2.1.40 strange

From: Etienne Grossmann
Subject: 2.1.40 strange
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 10:35:34 +0000

  Hello, I don't have enough elements to file a bug report yet, but I
noticed some strange behavior in 2.1.40 :

- Some functions defined by eval ("function x = foo () <my code> end")
  disappear; i.e. I define the function, it is visible up to a certain
  point in my code and then (after returning from the function in
  which it is def'd) it disappears (exist ("foo") == 0). Other
  function do not disappear.

- Memory leaks? A script using only limited data (as verified by doing
  "whos") dies with

    memory exhausted -- trying to return to prompt

  Both these problems appear in the same script, which calls a lot of
my homemade functions. I will try to identify the problem, but my main
preocupation now is to get the script running (I'd like to have some
results today).

  More later on,

  Etienne

--