About octave (and extras) compilation

From: abarto
Subject: About octave (and extras) compilation
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:15:45 -0300

I was building the ofw to use the latest cygwin and run into trouble with a
couple of things:

a) I couldn't compile octave nor atlas with gcc3.2. I read that there was
problems with octave and gcc3.2 on the list so I switched back to 2.95.
b) The atlas optimizations. I couldn't find complete instructions for building
this thing. I browsed through the list archive and couple of sites and finally
figured out how to do it.

This last issue made think that there's is no COMPLETE compilation
instructions for building octave with the extra stuff like the atlas
optimizations
and octave-forge (the info is available but it's scattered across serveral
sites).
Is anyone working on such document?

Agustin