Sorting with indices in a dynamically loadable function?

From: Joerg Huber
Subject: Sorting with indices in a dynamically loadable function?
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 16:46:26 +0200

Hi,

My last question maybe wasn't specific enough, so here's my concrete problem:

In an Octave script one can sort a Nx2 Matrix m according to the first
column with the following statements:

  [dummy, indices] = sort( m(:,1) );
  m = m(indices,:);

Can I do that in a dynamically loadable function using methods
from the Octave classes? The qsort method, which is defined for array
objects, does sort an array, but I saw no way to get the indices.

Joerg Huber