Re: problems compiling 2.1.36 on solaris 8 with gcc-3.2

From: Mumit Khan
Subject: Re: problems compiling 2.1.36 on solaris 8 with gcc-3.2
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:21:35 -0500

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Sam Ducksworth wrote:

> not a problem. attached is the gendoc.cc file. it is uuencoded.
> let me know what else you might need.

Looks like the docstrings for daspk and/or daspk_options are incomplete. I
noticed the same problem when building on Solaris 8, but with Sun Forte 6u1,
not GCC 3.2. Check the <build_dir>/src/daspk.df file to see if you see
incomplete lines or not.  I'm surprised it's happening with GNU cpp, which
I don't recall having line length limitations (I haven't looked at the
new cpp code, so really don't know what the deal is). What's your CXXCPP
setting in Makeconf? If it's set to `g++ -E' or some such, I wonder why
it's happening under Solaris 8 and not under other OS's using GCC 3.2.

Regards,
Mumit