Re: Help with ODE solver

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Help with ODE solver
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 02:22:51 -0500

On 12-Sep-2002, Douglas Eck <address@hidden> wrote:

| My experience is that it's better to break down the integration into
| intervals. Also, if you later need to speed up your code some, it can
| be much faster to write the xdot = f(x,t) as a compiled .oct file.

Lsode may integrate past the final output point and interpolate back
to find the state values at the final output point, so simply breaking
up the integration into subintervals may not be enough to avoid
numerical problems if parameters change in your RHS function at the
final output point of each interval.  Using the optional tcrit input
for lsode may be needed anyway.

jwe