Re: Re: Cygwin setup - warning

From: abarto
Subject: Re: Re: Cygwin setup - warning
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:02:26 -0300

Well, I just fixed the problem :) I added a check of a reg dword on the .OnInit
function of the nsis installer. If the dword is set, a dialog box gives the
option
to cancel (or continue) the installation.

I'm updating the package now (It'll take at least 20min).

The url for the package is:

http://www.efn.uncor.edu/departamentos/computacion/materias/informatica/so
ftware/octave+octave-forge_install.exe

The url for the nsis script is:

http://www.efn.uncor.edu/departamentos/computacion/materias/informatica/so
ftware/octave+octave-forge_install.nsi

When I was thinking for a permanent solution for the problem I thought that
It'll
be cool if the cygwin dll could be configured (or recompiled) to use a custom
root for the registry values. Is this possible?

One more thing, Someone should check the installer for spelling or grammar
errors. My english is very not well :)