Newbie using Octave fit with compiled fitting function

From: Loic Bertrand
Subject: Newbie using Octave fit with compiled fitting function
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 06:26:24 -0500

Hello,

I am sure my question is very simple for someone who
works daily with Octave... but not for me

I am working on a unix box. I collected some
experimental data and wrote a C program to model the
experiments.

As I have no time left to include directly in my C
code a fitting procedure, I wanted to know if there is
a way to use this compiled C program as an octave
function to fit my exp. data.

My "fitting function" is a program which takes
argument from command line (or from a parmeter file)
and gives back a value through the terminal (or a
file).

Please tell me if you need some more information and
thank you for your help.

Loic

=====