Re: python

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: python
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:18:41 -0400

mark dufour wrote

I love python. so I'm wondering, is there any way to combine Octave and Python
into something useful?

If Python has anything like Perl's Inline capability, then you ought to be able to
make an Inline::Octave module such as that for Perl.
http://search.cpan.org/author/AADLER/Inline-Octave-0.16/Octave.pm

I can help with some discussion about how I built it for Perl if you're interested. In fact, I'll be presenting Inline::Octave at soon at the Ottawa Perl Mongers (Nov 13). If anyone here is interested, I can post a link to my slides (when they're done)

andy